Wanting to escape the winter and go somewhere tropical? Or just want to get away but want to make sure you're doing it the best way? Here are some flight book tricks that we've learnt!
1. BOOK AT THE RIGHT TIME
Studies have shown that this is best to do 47 to 60 days before your departure date.
2. FLY INTO ALTERNATIVE AIRPORTS
This will usually save you money and will only be a short drive to the majority of major cities.
3. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF FLIGHT DEALS AND ERROR FARES
Make sure you book these quickly as they won't last for long!
4. SIGN UP FOR NEWSLETTERS TO BOOK CHEAP FLIGHTS
This ensures you'll always be up to date and a great way to earn miles and points
5. JOIN FREQUENT FLYER PROGRAMMES AND EARN MILES
This is a great thing to do as miles can be transferred between certain airlines.
6. SET UP FARE ALERTS TO TRACK FLIGHTS
You should start tracking flights 2-3 months before your departure date. So if you leave booking 47 to 60 days before, you should set up your flight alerts 90 days before. It may happen to drop and you can get in quickly!
7. FLY ON TUESDAYS, WEDNESDAYS AND SATURDAYS
Flying on the unpopular days is a great way to save money as airlines want to try and fill up these seats!
Hopefully you are all set to start planning your next getaway!