And we couldn't look any further than the Buddha Bowl!
1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
1/4 Kent pumpkin
2 cloves of garlic, sliced
1/2 broccoli cut into florets
1 tbsp Nutra Organics Vegetable Broth
1 cup of lotus chips - we used frozen store bought lotus chips
A selection of raw vegetables. Choose a variety of colours and textures. (They used watermelon radish, daikon, edamame, snow peas and micro herbs)
1 tbsp hummus
Nuts, grains and seeds:
2 tbsp Nutra Organics Pepitas
2 tbsp Nutra Organics Sunflower Seeds
1 tsp Nutra Organics Hemp Seeds
1 cup Nutra Organics Quinoa
1 tbsp Nutra Organics Vegan Savoury Flakes
1/2 tsp black sesame seeds
Nutra Organics Himalayan Crystal Salt
Dried Rose petals
250 ml Nutra Organics Coconut Oil
HOW TO MAKE:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Lay chickpeas out on a tray lined with baking paper. Dust with salt and pepper, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp of cumin powder. Place in the oven for 40 mins or until crunchy.
- Cut pumpkin into crescent moons Place on a baking tray, dust with a pinch of salt and pepper and cinnamon, sprinkle fennel seeds then drizzle with olive oil. Place in oven for 30 mins or until pumpkin is tender and caramelised.
- Add nuts and seeds and sliced garlic to a small saucepan with a little coconut oil and cook until crispy, then sprinkle with a little Himalayan Crystal Salt. Set aside.
- To make the fragrant quinoa pilaf, place quinoa in a saucepan, add 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder, 1 tsp of Coconut Oil and fry for just a minute, before the quinoa begins to pop. Then add Nutra Organics Vegetable Broth Powder and 1 1/2 half cups of water. Cover and bring to the boil, reduce heat to low for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Remove lid and fluff with a fork to allow the steam to escape. Then combine the cooked quinoa and chickpeas into a bowl, season and squeeze over lemon juice of 1/2 lemon. Sprinkle through nuts and seeds and garlic.
- Heat 250m of coconut oil in a small or medium saucepan. Lay out lotus chips on a board then dust over with a little turmeric powder (1-2 tsp). Carefully place lotus chips into hot oil and cook until crisp (About 5 - 7 mins from frozen). Keep an eye on them so they don’t burn. Remove lotus chips from the oil and lay out onto some paper towel, sprinkle over some Himalayan Crystal Salt.
- Heat a frypan with a little oil. Add broccoli florets, fry until cooked but still with a little crunch. Squeeze over 1/2 lemon juice and sprinkle with a little Himalayan Crystal Salt.
- Prepare the raw vegetables by cutting into small portions.
- Prepare the bowls by layering the components in the bowl leaving room in the centre for the avocado garden. Cut an avocado in half. Remove seed. Using a spoon, carefully scoop the avocado out of the skin so the half remains in tact. Spoon in 1 tbsp of hummus into the cavity of the avocado. Sprinkle over Nutra Organics Vegan Savoury flakes and Hemp seeds, as well as some smoked paprika. Decorate the avocado garden by sprinkling it with little garnishes you have on hand. We used black sesame seeds, dried rose petals, enoki mushrooms, chives and fennel fronds.
- Garnish with a wedge of lime and edible flowers.